Department of Engineering
The Department of Engineering consists of both an in-house staff and specialized consultants that provide technical advice and recommendations to the Mayor, Township Council, and all of the other Township departments.
The Department offers the following services:
- Prepare annual budget and capital improvement program.
- Maintenance and revisions to tax maps, street maps, zoning map, and election map.
- Technical review of development projects for the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment. These projects consist of residential and commercial subdivisions and site plans.
- Supervision and inspection of development projects during construction for compliance with Board approval and Township ordinances.
- Preparation of performance bonds and guarantees for development projects to insure compliance with Township approvals.
- Preparation of plans, specifications and contract documents for capital projects and infrastructure improvements such as roadway reconstruction, curb and sidewalk improvements, drainage improvements, parking areas, and recreational facilities.
- Supervision and inspection of capital and infrastructure improvements during construction for compliance with the engineering design.
- Preparation of reports, cost estimates and feasibility studies for engineering projects.
- Preparation of applications for grants and permits from federal, state and county agencies.
- Coordinate with federal, state, county and utility agencies on projects within their jurisdiction such as traffic signals, highway improvements, drainage and stream improvements, water and sewer line extensions, etc.
- Preparation of boundary and topographical surveys.
- Preparation of metes and bounds descriptions of properties, easements and right of ways.
- Preparation of environmental impact studies.
- Preparation of traffic impact studies.
- Technical review of plot plans for building permits and as-built plans for Certificate of Occupancy approval.
- Technical review of plot plans for pool construction permits.
- Review of applications for roadway excavation permits.
- Review of applications for tree removal permits.
- Review and process complaints regarding Township property and right of ways.