Registrar of Vital Statistics
Debra DePew, CMR Registrar
Stella Ward, Deputy Registrar
The Office of the Registrar of Vital Statistics maintains and makes available all vital statistic records for the Township of Old Bridge.
Appointments are required for marriage or civil union applications. Please call 732-721-5600 ext. 6200 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday - Wednesday. 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The first appointment is 9:00 am and the last appointment is 2:30 pm.
- Closed on Thursday and Friday.
- The office closes daily from 12pm-1pm.
Please make every effort to be on time to avoid the possibility of delay or cancellation of your appointment.
Please call (732) 721-5600 Ext. 6200 to arrange to obtain a certified copies.
State law requires that the local registrar issue certified copies of a vital record only to persons who are the subject of the vital record, or are the subject’s parent, legal guardian, spouse, child, grandchild or sibling, if of legal age.
The following information is required to obtain a certified copy:
To apply for a Marriage/Civil Union License, please use either application
- The exact date that the event occurred
- Exact name(s) on the record
- Proof of relationship to the person named on the record
- One photo ID with current address or two alternate forms of ID one of which must contain current address
- There is a $10 fee for each certified copy. Cash, Check or Money Orders are accepted as payment. Checks made payable to Old Bridge Twp.
- Send written requests to Registrar's Office, 1 Old Bridge Plaza, Old Bridge, NJ 08857 along with copies of required documents
- Please be sure to include your mailing address
Application for Marriage/Civil Union License (.doc) or Application for Marriage/Civil Union License (.pdf)
Apply in the municipality that the bride, groom or civil union partner resides. If both reside outside of New Jersey and the ceremony is to be held in Old Bridge Township, the application can be made here but will only be valid in this township.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A MARRIAGE OR CIVIL UNION LICENSE
The application can be filed in the town that the bride, groom, or either civil union partner resides. If both reside outside of New Jersey they must apply in the town in which the marriage or civil union will be performed. Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
The bride and groom or civil union partners must appear together with one witness, who is at least 18 years of age.
The bride, groom, or civil union partners must bring the following ID
1. Proof of identity by presenting your drivers license, passport or state/federal ID.
2. Proof of your residency ( business mail, lease, tax return, any type of bill with address)
3. Social Security card or social security number.
4. A witness, 18 years of age or older.
5. $28.00 either cash, check or money order
6. Please make appointments at least 1 month ahead of your marriage date. You need at least a 2 week window to apply for a marriage license. If you do not come in two weeks before you are getting married, you will not be able to get married.*********
Appointments are required for marriage or civil union applications. Please call 732-721-5600 ext. 6200 or e-mail email@example.com. The office is open Monday-Thursday. The first appointment is 9:00 am and the last appointment is 2:30 pm. Please make every effort to be on time to avoid the possibility of delay or cancellation of your appointment. The office closes daily from 12pm-1pm.
- There is a State mandated 72 hour waiting period for a marriage/civil union license. *** WE SUGGEST YOU MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT AS LEAST ONE MONTH BEFORE YOU PLAN TO GET MARRIED.
- Please apply for Marriage/Civil Union License 30 days prior to marriage or civil union.
- Once the License is picked up the ceremony must take place within 30 days or the license will expire. If your license expires you must reapply and purchase another license.
- The license is filed by the Officiant in the town in which the Marriage or Civil Union takes place. Certified copies with a raised seal are available from the Registrar’s Office in the town where the event took place. They are your legal proof of marriage/civil union.
- It is the responsibility of the Bride and Groom to find an Officiant to perform the ceremony. Old Bridge does not have any Officiants at the Municipal Complex.
A Certificate of Domestic Partnership may be registered by applicants of the same sex or of the opposite sex who are 62 years of age or older and meet any of the criteria listed below. Affidavits may be obtained from this office and must be notarized before being filed. An appointment is required and may be made by calling 732-721-5600 ext. 6200. The fee is $28 payable by cash, check or money order.
- Provide valid identification that establishes name, age, and date of birth
- Identify a common residence in New Jersey or share a common residence in another jurisdiction if at least one of the applicants is a member of a New Jersey State administered retirement system
- Provide proof of joint financial responsibility as evidenced by one or more of the following:
- Joint deed, mortgage agreement or lease
- Joint bank account
- Designation of one of the persons as primary beneficiary in the other person’s will
- Designation of one of the persons as primary beneficiary in the other person’s life insurance policy or retirement plan
- Joint ownership of a motor vehicle