Division of Purchasing
The goal of the Purchasing Department is to provide the highest quality of goods and services to the various departments within the Township of Old Bridge in a timely manner and at the lowest possible price.
Doing Business with the Township of Old Bridge
The Township of Old Bridge obtains price quotes for all purchases between $6,600.00 and $44,000.00; uses State Contract Vendors or Approved Cooperative Purchasing Contracts; and solicits bids for any purchases above $44,000.00. All purchases by the Township are authorized by the issuance of a purchases order and no order should be accepted by any vendor without a copy of the signed purchase order.
Request for Quotation (RFQ)
Purchases between $6,600.00 and the statutory bid threshold of $44,000.00 will generally require a Request for Quotation. The Purchasing Department will solicit these quotes in various manners, including but not limited to utilizing public auction web sites and requesting quotes from various vendors. If you are interested in receiving Requests for Quotes/Bids/Projects (via email/fax) from the Township, please click here. On the page that opens, choose DETAILS for any open project and you will be guided to a login/registration form.
Request for Bid (RFB)
According to State Statute (N.J.S.A. 40A-11-1 et seq.), the Township is required to solicit formal bids for products, services or public improvements when the cost exceeds the statutory bid threshold of $44,000.00. To review the list of bids currently being solicitated by the township, please click here. To obtain a written copy of any open bid specification, you can visit TownHall during business hours or call
(732) 721-5600 (ext. 2925)
Generally, there is no charge for a set of specifications. However, for a package that contains plans or detailed specifications, there may be a fee. Vendors are encouraged to read the Home News Tribune for current RFB announcements.
RFBs are publicly opened and available for inspection after all bids have been opened. After all submitted bids are evaluated, the lowest Responsible and Responsive Bidder is awarded the contract within 60 days. Exception to this schedule would be in accordance with N.J.S.A. 40A-11-24. Award to the winning vendor will be made by formal resolution of the Governing Body.
Required Vendor Registration
According to State Law, the Township is required to have proof of a business organization's registration with the Department of Treasury before a purchase order/voucher can be issued. To review more information on required vendor registration , please click here.
If you have any questions or comments regarding the purchasing policies of the Township, please click here.
Notice to Contractors
The Public Works Contractor Registration Act was amended in June, 2003. After this date every contractor who enters into a contract with the Township, which is subject to the provisions of the "NJ Prevailing Wage Act" and any subcontractor or lower tier subcontractor of a contractor, must have a registration certificate issued by the NJ Department of Labor.
Contractors can obtain application forms by calling the NJ Department of Labor at 609-292-9464.
REQUIREMENTS OF VENDORS CONDUCTING BUSINESS WITH THE TOWNSHIP OF OLD BRIDGE & REQUIREMENTS TO RECEIVE PAYMENT FROM THE TOWNSHIP OF OLD BRIDGE
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF OLD BRIDGE MUNICIPAL PURCHASE ORDER CONTRACTS:
- No official, employee or agent of the Township of Old Bridge is permitted to accept gift(s) from vendors or others conducting business with the Township of Old Bridge.
- All materials or services furnished on this Purchase Order are specific and subject to Township inspection and approval within a reasonable time after delivery at the Old Bridge destination indicated on the Purchase Order. Materials or services other than those specified in this Purchase Order shall not be substituted without prior, written authority from the Old Bridge Township Administrator. Material rejected will be returned at the vendor’s risk and expense.
- The quantity of material ordered must not be exceeded without prior written authority being first obtained from the Old Bridge Township Administrator. Back orders are prohibited!
- Damage to any material not packed to ensure proper protection to same shall be charged to vendor. Packages must be marked plainly with shipper’s name and Township’s delivery destination. No charges are allowed for boxing or crating unless previously agreed upon in writing by the Old Bridge Township Administrator.
- Failure of a Bidder to execute a Purchase Order awarded to him/her or to comply with any of the terms and conditions therein may disqualify him/her from receiving future orders and shall be considered a breach.
- The Township of Old Bridge when requesting a price quotation shall request your most competitive price per item(s) only once. All prices quoted shall include all transportation, delivery, unloading costs and F.O.B. destination.
- All materials, supplies, equipment and vehicles shall be shipped F.O.B. destination, unloaded, inside delivery, upstairs/downstairs and debris removed. The Township will not pay freight or express delivery charges. Deliveries shall be made between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at the location indicated on the Purchase Order.
- The Township can only purchase materials, supplies, services, equipment and vehicles via a fully executed Township of Old Bridge Purchase Order. Employees or officials do not have the authority to purchase on behalf of the Township of Old Bridge.
- All materials and supplies purchased must be labeled according to the NJ Worker & Community Right To Know Act, N.J.S.A. 34:5-1 et. seq. Specifically, 34:5A-30. Labels and MSDS sheets must be supplied upon delivery of the materials and/or supplies.
- Vendor accepting this purchase order certifies compliance with federal and state regulations regarding equal employment opportunity without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, creed, color, ancestry, age, martial status, affectional or sexual orientation, familial status, liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States or nationality and prohibits discrimination on the basis of disability.
- The Vendor acknowledges receipt of Affirmative Action Exhibit A and the vendor agrees to comply with NJSA 10:5-31 et. seq. and NJAC 17:27.
- Your Business Registration Certificate according to P.L. 2004, C57 must be submitted to the municipality prior to conducting business with the Township of Old Bridge.
- The Township of Old Bridge complies with the NJ Prompt Payment Law. Visit the municipal website described below to submit a “Township of Old Bridge complete voucher” and other requirements.
- Chapter 271, PL 2005 requires all business entities who receive $50,000 or more from public contracts with public entitles to file a report with the NJ Election Law Enforcement Commission. (ELEC) Additional information is available from ELEC at 888-313-3532 or at www.elec.state.nj.us.
- Only the terms and conditions of this Old Bridge Municipal Purchase Order contract shall govern this transaction. The vendor shall not attach any other terms or conditions.
- The vendor shall pay prevailing wage rates where applicable for public work.
- All vendors doing business with the Township of Old Bridge must submit a completed W-9 Form Request for Taxpayer ID#.
- It is the policy of the Township Council of the Township of Old Bridge that all contractors, vendors or entities performing work or service that could otherwise be performed by the Township of Old Bridge to treat the public, employees, volunteers and other persons in a manner consistent with all applicable civil rights laws and regulations including, but not limited to the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 as subsequently amended, the New Jersey Law against Discrimination, the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Conscientious Employee Protection Act. Discrimination, harassment and civil rights shall be defined for purposes of this policy using the latest definitions contained in the applicable Federal and State Laws concerning discrimination, harassment and civil rights.
- The vendor acknowledges receipt of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Policy.
- The Township’s notice that it complies with the vendor’s obligation to comply when receiving a Township of Old Bridge purchase order/contract. See the Civil Rights Policy Resolution #14-35 attached.
- All Vendors shall comply with Truth in Contracting Laws: NJSA 2C:21-34, 2C:27-10 and 2C:27-11.
- The Vendor shall hold and save the Township of Old Bridge, harmless from liability (of any nature or kind) for or on account of the use of any copyrighted, secret process, patented invention, equipment or any other item used in the performance of contract.
- In accordance with NJAC 17:44-2.2, the vendor shall maintain all documentation related to products, transactions or services under this contract for a period of five years from the date of final payment. Such records shall be made available to the New Jersey Office of the State Comptroller upon request.
- Pursuant to the Social Media Policy of the Township of Old Bridge, vendors performing work or providing services to the Township are prohibited from commenting on the Old Bridge municipal social media sites.
Old Bridge’s requirement for compliance with the NJ Prompt Pay Law, vendor’s responsibilities relative to Pay to Play and Old Bridge’s Civil Rights Policy, Americans with Disabilities Act and Affirmative Action are listed above. Click on the attached for the 2020 Prompt Payment Schedule.
PAYMENT POLICY FOR NON-CONSTRUCTION SERVICES AND GOODS
- Vendor must sign the Township of Old Bridge voucher (attached to the Purchase Order), certifying that their claim for payment is correct and the vendor accepts the terms and conditions as set forth herein. The vendor then immediately returns the Township voucher to the Township of Old Bridge, Finance Department, One Old Bridge Plaza, Old Bridge, NJ 08857 upon placement of order or furnishing the goods or services to the Township. Do not send the Township voucher and your invoice to the shipping address.
- The Old Bridge Department Director who received the item(s) or service(s) is required to sign the Purchase Order, certifying all items were received in full as listed on the Purchase Order.
- Payments are approved by the Old Bridge Township Council at its business meetings as advertised by the Township Clerk. Completed and signed Township of Old Bridge vouchers must be submitted to the Finance Department at least one (1) week prior to the aforementioned meeting dates for payment consideration.
- The Township of Old Bridge does not pay any late fees or interest charges.
- The Township of Old Bridge is tax-exempt from Federal or State taxes under the provision of the New Jersey Sales & Use Tax Act (Chapter 30, Laws of 1960). The Township of Old Bridge’s Tax Identification No. is: 22-600-2057.
Listing files in 'Division of Purchasing'
Beth Cunningham, QPA
Assistant Finance Director/Purchasing Manager
(732) 721-5600, Ext. 2925