Old Bridge Public Library Job Opening
Staff Librarian (Part-time) The Old Bridge Public Library seeks an enthusiastic part-time Librarian to join our Adult Services team. The successful candidate should demonstrate exceptional customer service and technology skills, knowledge of current adult and information services standards and practices, the ability to “think outside the box,” and a desire to serve a culturally diverse population.
- Provide reference & readers’ advisory services to all ages both in person or by
phone, primarily at the Information Desk
- Create innovative programming for adults
- Participate in collection development, including selecting new materials and
weeding outdated materials
- Assist in the use and training of the makerspace equipment
- Provide technology assistance to the public
- Participate in community outreach services
- An MLS or MLIS degree from an ALA accredited college or university
- Must have or be eligible to obtain a New Jersey Professional Librarian Certification
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both in writing and verbally
- Proficiency in the use of personal computers, MS Office Suite products, ILS
software (Sirsi preferred), the internet and social media platforms
- Employment is contingent on passing a stringent criminal background check
This part-time position is for 39.5 hours bi-weekly and includes daytime, evening and
weekend hours. Additional on-call hours may be available. Salary is $31.18 per hour.
Library employees are members of AFSCME and contribute to the pension system.
Some paid sick leave may apply. For more information about the library, please visit
our website at www.oldbridgelibrary.org.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to Executive Assistant for Personnel,
Linda Reynolds, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Executive Assistant for Personnel
Old Bridge Public Library
1 Old Bridge Plaza, Municipal Center
Old Bridge, NJ 08857
The closing date for applications is December 9, 2019.