The Old Bridge Public Library will be closed until further notice
Dear Old Bridge Patrons,
Recently, both the Federal Government and the State of New Jersey declared a state-of-emergency due to escalating concerns about COVID-19. Out of an abundance of caution, and in an effort to protect the vulnerable populations we serve, the Old Bridge Public Library is now closed until further notice.
During this time, no in-person services will be available at the Library. Our Passport Office will also be closed. Due dates will automatically be extended for all customers while we’re closed, but all of our book drops are now closed to the public.
All book deliveries to community organizations will be suspended until further notice. Library programs and outside meetings held in our facility are also cancelled. Donations will not be accepted during this time.
We will also make a number of behind-the-scenes changes to help you during this difficult time, including:
- Not charging late fees until further notice
- Automatically extending expiration dates on Library accounts so your electronic access isn’t disrupted
- Keeping your holds on our shelves until further notice
We’d also like to remind you of the great Library services that are available electronically. With your library card, you can:
- Watch award-winning independent films, documentaries and children’s programs on Kanopy.
- Download movies, music, graphic novels, television shows, audiobooks and eBooks with hoopla digital.
- Access 25,000 ebooks and audiobooks on eLibrary NJ.
- Read popular newsstand magazines on RBdigital.
- Enjoy over 1,700 concerts and music documentaries at Qello.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to the Library’s selection of digital resources.
We have also put together a resource guide with links to the most up-to-date, reliable information regarding the coronavirus outbreak.
We understand the inconvenience this may cause you, but these steps are necessary in order to help safeguard the health of our community. We will continue to provide you with updates regarding the Library through our website and on our Facebook page.
Director, Old Bridge Public Library