1. How can I obtain a license to carry a firearm?
You must apply in person Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, between the hours of 10:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.  Applicants are required to submit to a background investigation which includes a New Jersey State Police and FBI fingerprint check. Applicants must supply the names, addresses and telephone numbers of two (2) references, as well as proof of residency.

2. What is the age requirement to obtain a firearms license?
You must be 18 years of age for a Firearms ID Card and 21 years of age for a Pistol Purchase Permit.

3. What are the fees for these licenses?
$5.00 cash for each Firearms ID Card
$2.00 cash for each Pistol Purchase Permit

4. Who can I call if I have more questions?
Any questions on permits to purchase, firearm ID cards or registration of weapons, contact the Identification Unit at 732-721-5600, Ext. 3091.

5. How do I obtain a copy of an incident report?
If you were involved in an incident, such as an accident or theft and it was documented by an Old Bridge Township Police Officer with a case number and written report, you may receive a copy, if applicable. Reports are generally available for review following five (5) days of the initial incident and must be picked up at the Old Bridge Police Records Bureau. If you wish to obtain an incident report, the Records Bureau is open to the public Monday through Friday, 8:15 a.m. to 4:15 p.m. and Wednesday until 7:00 p.m.  If you wish to avoid trip to Police station, you can also obtain the report thru our website by clicking HERE.

6. What are the fees for a copy of an incident report?
A. Accident reports 
i.    At counter - No charge
ii.   By mail - $5.00
iii.  On-line - $3.50

B. Criminal case report (discovery) - $5.00 for the first 3 pages, $1.00 for each additional page

C. DWI case report (discovery) - $5.00 for the first 3 pages, $1.00 for each additional page

D. Other reports:
i.   At counter - No charge
ii.  By mail - $5.00 for the first 3 pages, $1.00 for each additional page 

7. How do I get fingerprints taken for my personal use?
Fingerprints are taken by appointment only on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. Appointments can be made by calling 732-721-5600, Ext. 3090 or 3091.

Identification is required to have fingerprints taken.

All immigration-related fingerprints must be done at a sanctioned I.N.S. facility.  Call 1-800-755-0777 for a list of facilities.

8. What are the fees for fingerprints?
Old Bridge Residents - $5.00
Non-Residents - $20.00

9. How do I claim property from the Old Bridge Township Police Department?

Owner Known:  Lost and found property that has been turned into the Old Bridge Police Department may be claimed by appointment only.  Appointments may be set up by calling (732) 721- 5600, Ext. 3090.  Proof of ownership and proper identification are required.

Owner Unknown: All found property where the owner has not been identified must be held for a period of six (6) months, pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40A:14-157. This is to allow the rightful owner to come forward or to be located by the Police Department. After this six month period, if the rightful owner has not been located, the finder may claim the property and become the new owner. The identification section may be contacted at 732-721-5600, Ext. 3090, to check on the status of found property.

Property Recovered or Seized as Evidence
Property that is recovered or seized as evidence in the course of an arrest or criminal investigation is maintained by the Old Bridge Police until such time as the case is adjudicated or resolved in some other manner.  Upon disposition of the case, suspects, witnesses or victims may come forward to claim their property.  Individuals who intend to claim property must contact the officer or the detective who handled the case.  Property will not be released without the officer's/detective's authorization.  Proof that the case has been disposed of, and the property can be returned, may be required.  In a case that the Prosecutor's office is involved, the Prosecutor's office will provide written authorization for the release of property.

Weapons seized pursuant to a Domestic Violence Order are sent to the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office Property Unit.  Any return of weapons must be handled through the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office. They may be contacted at 732-745-3300.

10. Do I need to register my burglar/fire alarm?
Yes, all alarms need to be registered with the Detective Bureau. Click here for the application.